Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Teachers PAY Teachers...??



Over a year ago, as I was carefully looking over the latest educational posts on pinterest, I stumbled across the website www.teacherspayteachers.com.  Ever since that day I have spent countless hours reading and downloading educational materials that REAL teachers are doing in their classrooms.  I cannot begin to tell you the number of downloads I have accumulated from this one site over the past year.

Teachers Pay Teachers brands themselves as an open marketplace for educators where teachers buy, sell, and share original teaching resources. Through this website I have not only found resources but also teachers from around the United States who absolutely inspire me.  I read their short biographies on their website, I visit their blogs frequently, and I am always excited when they share a new free resource.  

Now, I’m not saying that I download and use everything that is available on this site.  There are certainly resources that I have found more useful than others.  Any teacher that uses this site should look at each resource with a critical lens and decide for himself or herself whether or not it would be appropriate for their students. However, I do think it is an amazing resource that all teachers should know is out there!

One day I hope to have enough original ideas and resources to have my own page on this site.  I really hope that if that day ever comes I will inspire a few teachers of my own.  


2 comments:

  1. I remember I heard about this website from you last semester and have used it since! I think it's awesome too...just another platform for teachers to share resources and ideas, which is how it goes in real life. It doesn't mean we are "copying" anything, but rather "collaborating" and I think even growing! Thanks for sharing a few months ago and now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed - this site is worth its weight in gold!

    ReplyDelete